NEWS: May 19 - Michael Jackson 'as healthy as can be

Archive of all the days

Moderátor: Brandon

Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Braňo
King of pop (7/8)
Príspevky: 1569
Dátum registrácie: 30 Jan 2007, 16:57

NEWS: May 19 - Michael Jackson 'as healthy as can be

Príspevokod užívateľa Braňo » 19 Máj 2009, 17:56

Promoter: Michael Jackson 'as healthy as can be'


Contrary to a report in a British newspaper, Michael Jackson does not have skin cancer, says Randy Phillips, president and CEO of AEG Live, the promoter of the King of Pop's upcoming concerts at London's 02 Arena.


Michael Jackson gestures to the crowd at the March announcement for his series of London concerts.

"He's as healthy as he can be -- no health problems whatsoever," the executive told CNN.

Phillips said he asked Jackson point-blank about the skin cancer rumor yesterday, and the entertainer just brushed it off and laughed.

"He's used to rumors like this. He's been famous ever since he was 5. He doesn't read the newspapers or watch news reports," Phillips explained.

He also had an answer for an item in the British tabloid The Sun that said Jackson had been "making regular trips to a dermatologist in Beverly Hills wearing a mask and surgical cap."

"Michael is very close friends with his dermatologist. It's as simple as that," said Phillips.

According to Phillips, the 50-year-old pop star had passed a stringent physical exam before he and AEG inked their deal for Jackson to headline a 50-show residency at 02 beginning July 8. "And he'll have to take another before the shows start," he offered.

Phillips also told CNN a tour with sister Janet Jackson and other performing members of the Jackson family was "never in the works, at least from Michael Jackson's side."

Don't Miss
Michael Jackson announces 'curtain call' concerts
He added, "Never say never, but right now, he's focusing on his own show. It's not about his family."

"He's working out every day with his choreographers and his dancers. He's in better shape at 50 than I was at 30," Phillips laughed.

Phillips took the opportunity to knock down a couple of other rumors. "For now, he has no plans for his kids to be in the show. And there are no elephants. No elephants in the show, and he's not dying of cancer."

Phillips said the London shows were the first step in a multi-phase package with Jackson that he called "more than a 360-degree deal."

He said there are also plans for recorded music and movies, including a 3-D live concert film and a 3-D movie based on Jackson's 1983 "Thriller" music video.

Phillips didn't rule out a tour or a concert residency in another city, stating it would most likely start in Europe, then roll out to Asia, North America and South America.

Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Braňo
King of pop (7/8)
Príspevky: 1569
Dátum registrácie: 30 Jan 2007, 16:57

Príspevokod užívateľa Braňo » 19 Máj 2009, 18:12

This Is It: Jacko Picks Comeback Gig Dancers

Twelve lucky dancers have been given the opportunity of a lifetime by being chosen to join Michael Jackson on stage for his comeback concerts in London.

The performers were picked from thousands of applicants from all over the world - 500 of which were invited to attend three days of auditions in Los Angeles.

Jackson himself was there to pick the final twelve, alongside show director Kenny Ortega and associate director and choreographer Travis Payne.

Oretega, who also worked on Jackson's Dangerous and HIStory tours, said it was a tough decision to make.

"The level of dancers that we saw at the auditions was incredible," he said.

"Michael was extremely hands on throughout the process in working with the dancers and selecting the final candidate."

The singer begins his 50-date residence at the 02 arena on July 8th.

Concert organisers have rejected recent press reports suggesting Jackson had cancer.

"As usual, Michael Jackson is a magnet for preposterous and unverifiable stories in the media," Randy Phillips, president of AEG Live, said in a statement.

"He is in great health, working tirelessly on creating the greatest live performance of his career, and does not have skin cancer."

He also dismissed suggestions the show would include elephants.

Philips has promised an 'inspiring' show and ticket holders coming to see the 50-year-old singer return to the stage "will not be disappointed".

He said: "From the special effects to the quality of the dancers and musicians, we are setting a new standard for major arena shows."

Michael Jackson will be joined on stage by dancers Charles Kapow, Ricardo Reid, Tyne Stecklein, Misha Hamilton, Mekia Cox, Nicholas Base, Danielle Rueda-Watts and Christopher Grant - all from America.

Timor Steffens from Germany, Australian dancer Shannon Holtzapffel and Canadians Daniel Celbre and Devin Jamieson will also be showing off their dancing talents.

Michael Jackson's "This Is It" 50 concerts sold out in a matter of hours on 13 March, smashing box office records.

Some 750,000 fans are set him perform over the course of the shows which kick off in July and stretch into February 2010.


Návrat na "NEWS archive"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 1 neregistrovaný